On October 3rd I underwent foot surgery. I had a bunionette(which is a bunion on your little toe bone). My bone that connects to my little toe was growing crooked and causing my toes to shift and lots of discomfort. I figured I might as well get it fixed before winter sets in and I have to start wearing real shoes. They cut off part of the bone that sticks out and then they made a slit in the lower part of the bone and placed two screws to try to straighten out the bone.

Well the surgery went good, but recovery took a little longer then I expected. I am not sure why I thought I could be up and on my feet just a couple of days later. I am still wearing my pretty boot which I will be wearing for about three more weeks. My house has been neglected a bit but Doug has helped me out a lot and my parents and sister Camillia were great to take my kids over night for a couple of days. It was funny when I went to pick them up from my parents, Jacob and Brynlee saw my foot wrapped up and immediately began to show me their owies on their foot. They also then needed ice on their foot and a pillow to prop their foot up. Jacob even needed to use my crutches! I was pretty excited to see them and had fun with our owies.
0 comments:
Post a Comment